Sunday, October 11, 2009

Here is what I remember the Dr said about the surgery

Dr. D said that when he opened me up and was checking out the disc, one nerve was so compressed that it was twitching. He started on the other side and when that was cleared out the other nerve settled down. Then he was able to go in on that side to clear that out. There was some old scar tissue above one of the joints but was not impacting any nerves so he was able to leave that small bit. He cleaned out some other scar tissue that could have caused problems. He had said that the scar tissue could be the most difficult part of the surgery because that could most easily cause tears in the lining of the nerve.
If I recall correctly what he said, this bulging disc was worse than the original surgery I had in 2001. He seemed surprised at how much the disc was bulging considering how much had been removed in the previous surgery.
The nurses and PCA's were wonderful. They were very positive and made every effort to make sure I was comfortable. Thank you ladies.
I am now able to stand up straight. It feels so good to be able to do so.
No more leg pain! so happy about that.

No comments: