Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So far this year… for lack of a better title

Well a lot has happened so far this year…

I have failed in my attempt to get back below 200 lbs. I actually have remained quite steady at 230 lbs. Ethan has taken on the challenge of getting me moving so far this summer and is taking me out for walks. We walk, he talks. Walking and talking. The talking helps the walking go by much easier. Usually no less than two miles. Sometimes longer, just depends on how my legs are doing at the time.

Mary has a new job. See her post at her blog Always and Forever Mary. (Link to the right) I am still working for Unisys, but now I am feeling like a troll in my basement office. Never leave the hole in the ground. Just throw some food down once in a while. Working weekends now, that has caused me to miss several family events.

Ethan is going to be starting his senior year at Columbia College Chicago. His talent for syncing voices is amazing to me. He also has built the respect of his professors for his little quirks he adds to his animations. So much so that the professor, while doing a demonstration, paused and said, “Now I will pull an ‘Ethan Polte’ here…” We are Looking forward to him starting his animation career.

Jordan has left the Culinary major he has been pursuing for the last several years, and he is changing majors over to Fine Arts. He has impressed the Art instructors with his first renditions. I have been amazed at the details he has been able to put into some of his first works.

No comments: