Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ethan being Ethan

Can I smack him? Really can I? Please?

Ethan – Dad can you get gas for the mower…

Me – OK I have time before work.

On the way…

Ethan – By the way, my Air Conditioner in my car stopped working…

Me – it worked? I thought you didn’t have AC in here.

Ethan – well, all this (He says while pointing to his fan controls for his Vent/Heater)

Sure enough … no fan … nothing.

Me -  Lets figure that out later… you have lousy timing dude.

Later I hear   clunk clunk clunk clunk. Dammit!

Me – What did you do?

Ethan – I think I owe you a new mower.

Me – WHAT?!?!?!

Ethan – I ran over a stick, a rather large stick, now it sounds like this when I try to start it.

Me – Did I say  you have lousy timing? Let me look at it.

Sure enough he jammed a stick between the body and the plastic plug for the Bagger chute. I got the stick out but he ruined the plastic piece.

Now we may have to bag every time till that part is replaced. I told him it was his choice now to bag or use the old mower… Don’t know what he chose … at this point I don’t really care.

At least he didn’t run the stick into his own leg… but that may have taught him to check for sticks 1st.

No comments: