Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What is this? Do I live on a Mushroom Farm?

Saturday evening I was out front hanging around. The lawn looked like it could use a good mowing. There was nothing special to see.

Then the next morning I took the dog out to get the paper and we found these.

 Mushroom Cups 1 

Just sitting out there holding water. Like three little wine glasses.

Mushroom Cups 2Mushroom Cups 3Mushroom Cups 4

I have no idea what kind of mushrooms they are. but they were fairly large. After one full day in the Sun they started to look a little brown and cracked.

Mushroom Cups 5Mushroom Cups 6Mushroom Cups 7

Then on Monday Ethan was going to Mow, so I took some pictures to show the size. These are Ethan’s hands so you can judge size from that.

Mushroom Cups 8Mushroom Cups 9Mushroom Cups 10Mushroom Cups 11

The last picture shows the mushroom we normally see around here and considered a large… I guess it is not so big anymore. 

No comments: