Monday, March 16, 2009

Great Weekend

The weather was great. Clear Sunny and above 45 most of the time.
Saturday we took Jordan for a college visit to Robert Morris College for the Culinary Dept. It was very impressive. The chef was very clear on the goal of preparing all students to be ready for a career with the capabilities of filling every function required in the industry. It was so impressive that I started thinking I would like to go. But Jordan was his usual self and kept his thoughts very close and did not really say what he thought.
I think he is set on going to College of Dupage first then transferring to a different school to specialize. Then I was able to go out for a ride. I went over to Heritage HD and looked at the new models and checked what it was going to run for the annual checkup for my sporty. I still have to put a little bit more on my account.

Sunday, I went shopping with Mary, Sometimes this is our time together all week to chat without interruption from the boys. We talked about Jordan. We agreed that we just couldn't really tell what he thought of the Robert Morris College. We know he was impressed but no details.
Later I was able to get my truck cleaned out.
For the last few months whenever doing work on the cars in the driveway I had left tools and parts in the truck cab for easier access.
Now that the brakes are fixed I cleaned all that out so I can drive around without the rattle.
I also had to replace the spring that locked the hood latch shut. I went to Auto Zone and asked if they had a spring like the one I had in my hand and the Nylon rivets that I had to remove to open up the covers so I could get at the hood latch. The guy said yes then walked me over and showed me the nylon rivets. We then went to the front counter and he looked up my truck to see what the spring part number was. He said... we don't carry that part. Go to Loews or someplace like that. They will have a spring.
I walked back to the shelf and a couple places down from the nylon rivets was a universal spring. (cut to length and bend out to hook up. I took that and the nylon rivets home and fixed my truck... funny how that guy was willing to send me to a different store just because he didn't think about the universal spring.
Well anyway. I fixed the hood latch and then had plenty of time to go riding after. Went for a good long ride but there are a lot of potholes on the roads I use for a short ride. Had a lot of dodging and weaving back and forth in my lane to stay on a smooth surface. But other than that it was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to a long summer of riding.

No comments: