Sunday, September 6, 2009

I have said "Never ignore pain." But do I listen to myself?

OK Last post says I was feeling better.
That was a premature assessment.
I am paying for ignoring the warning signs I guess.
Last year I had a stiff back while moving servers for a client from Chicago to Salt Lake City.
The flying back and forth was the worst part I think.
But after I moved around a bit it would be alright.
Then this year we were cleaning up the last few servers packing and shipping.
so I was stiff. Moved around and all was ok.
Then after vacation I was sore and it didn't go away.
I should have started seeking treatment sooner.
Now I have this... Days of very bad pain followed by a few days of not so bad pain.
I am waiting for the call early next week to say when to go in for an MRI.
The treatment is not going as well as expected. They are afraid that there is something there that they cannot see in the X-Rays.
This is all very bad timing.
Mary will be having her appointment Tuesday. (for more information see http://alwaysandforever-mary.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-bobopsy-is-scheduled.html)

I am being moved to a new position in my work. In training online. Hard to sit in the chair long enough to do the work. But I am managing. I should take a picture of how I have to sit to keep working longer. I am sure it would be funny for some of you. I have one good thing though, my work has moved me from being an on-site engineer to being a work from home office employee. I don't have to ride the train anymore. The sad part is I won't be riding the train with Ethan when he comes home from school.
Oh well.
Just have to take my own advice next time.
Don't ignore pain. It is saying something is wrong.

No comments: