Sunday, August 9, 2009

23 Years! Now I have been Married longer than I lived single!

Mary and I celebrate 23 years of marriage today!

I have to say through all the ups and downs I could not have had a better partner.
(She is my Kemosabie, and I am glad to be her Tonto)

We celebrated last night with dinner at Tapalpa's Restaurant in Elk Grove Village.
Oh My what a good restaurant! Unbelievable food, Wonderful Atmosphere, and very authentic Mexican food.
We then went to the theater to see Julie and Julia.
Meryl Streep and Amy Addams were very good.
Meryl made you feel like you actually knew how Julia Child felt at the time. Amazing performance!
Well worth going to see!

This morning I was still struggling with back problems so Mary went to the Grocery store alone.
After she left I had Jordan take me over to the Jewel and I got a beautiful rose for Mary.
I had been working on a long poem for this day and I wanted to leave it out for Mary to find when she got home. (The rose was to help her find it)
When I re-read the poem, I realized it was somewhat familiar... Very familiar... it was very close to an old George Strait song... I had to rewrite quickly. She was going to be home in less then 10 minutes!
This is what I came up with. Not nearly as long as the original, but this one is much more original.

23 years ago, I was standing in a small room waiting,

Not really nervous, just listening to the music play.

Then it was time and we walked out.

I watched everyone coming in, and was now a little nervous.

Then I saw you coming in on your fathers arm and you took my breath away.

23 years of friendship,

23 years of love.

23 years together,

And still, you take my breath away

I Love you Mary!

1 comment:

Ruby2s9756 said...

Ahhhhhh Todd! How sweet. You two are such a great couple. Glad to hear you had a fun, nice, and enjoyable Anniversary celebration!