Saturday, May 23, 2009

Movies!

Well I went to see Star Trek. Gary and I were going to go on Saturday night last week, but when we arrived at the Cinemark Theater we found it was blocked off from traffic by several fire trucks and police cars.
They had noticed smoke on the second floor so had shut down and called the fire dept.
Well needless to say, they were not showing the movie that night.
They gave us rain checks.
So Gary said, "Do you have to go home?"
I said no so he said he was kidnapping me. We were going to go out. He was angry that the theater was closed and wanted to go do something.
So he took me to Clementines. A nice little bar. No food other than chips or salty snacks behind the bar. We sat and talked for a couple hours.
We went back to Cinemark on Wednesday and used our "rain checks" to go in and see the movie.
Ethan went with us this time... I guess he was good luck because they were open this time.
We saw the IMAX presentation. 5 story tall, 7 story wide screen! Wow the space scenes felt like you were falling through the screen! It was a very good movie. We all enjoyed it.

Then just last night, Ethan Jordan and I went to see Night at the Museum - Battle of the Smithsonian,
This was a good movie, we all three laughed through the movie.
But really two movies in one week... Don't do that very often!

But it was fun!

No comments: