Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Falling Down! The Sequel

If any of you follow my blog you will remember a blog from January 1st called Falling down.
http://devrynerdhick.blogspot.com/2009/01/falling-down.html
This, I guess, is the Sequel!

OK... I guess the best way to do this is to just tell you all what happened....

I am sitting watching TV, with my laptop browsing the internet and the phone rings.
Mary is upstairs, so I look over and see Toll Free Call....
I put the laptop down, stood up and walked over to the end of the couch, reached over the dog and picked up the phone.
Before I could press the talk button I started to slowly fall down.
And I mean slowly. I was sort of stumbling backwards, but not really fast enough to call it stumbling.
I fell so slowly that it seemed like I would catch myself before I went all the way to the floor.
I don't know what I tripped over.
I just kept falling backwards.
I ended up on the floor in front of the TV.
All the way across the room.
I fell so slowly that I could look around the room and see what was going on.
I noticed the dog was watching me fall with a confused look on his face.
I saw Mary and Jordan watching me fall. Jordan had time to come over and was almost there in time to catch me before I finally hit the floor.
Dillinger had gotten up from the floor and walked over to meet me when I hit the floor.
So there I am on the floor, and I realize I still had the phone in my hand, and it was still ringing. So I answered it.
It was a recording.
Jordan was right there asking if I needed him to help me up...
I said "No, I'm on the phone... "
Now about an hour later, I am thinking... I must have hit my arm on something on the way down...
My arm is throbbing from my elbow to my wrist, and my shoulder is sore...
Oh well... That is my new falling down blog

No comments: